We discussed Open as an unstructured and self-directed learning experience.
I am attending the first synchronous section of the Open Online Experience.
We are currently discussing strategies for surviving MOOCs:
Some advice I got:
- Choose a personal goal.
- Choose a platform. You do not have to join every network.
- Know you do not have to do everything.
- You will not read everything
- Connect with those who have similar goals.
- Try to accomplish one thing a week.
- Comment on blogs that you read.
- Summarize before you curate.
Tools to share and track your learning:
- Evernote. Create a notebook for each MOOC you take.
- Create some portfolio
- BLOGGING, BLOGGING, BLOGGING
- Use the Twitter hashtag when sharing post.
My personal goals for #OOE13
- Learn to use Evernote to organize my brain.
- Be a better blogger. I am new to blogging and want to learn the ins and outs of WordPress.
- Dedicate time
- Add your goals to you Google calendar.
- A MOOC only works if we are blogging, sharing, and commenting